[cisco-voip] Renewing Expressway E Cert

Charles Goldsmith w at woka.us
Fri Apr 17 19:03:44 EDT 2020

Very true on the service interruption, but how about jabber, new certs on
it require the XMPP services to restart.  And true, a satellite server
could alleviate it all, but you are talking major changes for the CUCM
team, and then the CUC team, etc.

I'd love for it to happen, but we have some hurdles, and I'm sure this has
been discussed amongst the developers and the BUs.

With Apple changing and advising certs for 1 year, I had a bigger customer
just tell me that they are adopting 1 year certs as the standard.  I'm
about to renew their entire cluster of 18 nodes (across all of the apps)
for their certs, and they will be 1 year certs.

For a 24/7 operation, that's a pain, but, more work for us I guess.