[cisco-voip] ng911

Mark H. Turpin mturpin at covene.com
Mon Apr 20 14:13:35 EDT 2020

Lelio,

I believe Webex Teams will redirect a 911 call from a mobile device to the native phone capabilities of the iPhone/Android.  I'm personally fine with the cellular carriers taking responsibility for providing the details like lat/long for the mobile phone. The data is already there on the phone, so I don't see any reason for the softphone to be involved.

Regarding Teams clients on the laptops and phones registered to Webex cloud, though, I am kind of wondering when and how Cisco will address NG911 compatibility.