[cisco-voip] UCCX Callback Call Redirect Adding Diversion Header

Brian Meade bmeade90 at vt.edu
Tue Apr 21 13:39:24 EDT 2020

Hey everyone,

I'm working on a UCCX Callback deployment which seems to be a weekly thing
lately.

But in this customer's environment, I'm noticing the outbound Call Redirect
Step is actually causing a diversion header to be sent out the Customer SIP
Trunk on the Outgoing Invite.  The phone number is actually the destination
number we're doing the callback to.

Diversion: <sip:915555551212 at 10.0.0.1
>;reason=deflection;privacy=off;screen=yes

They've got Redirecting number outbound checked on the SIP Trunk for
call-forwarding/SNR to preserve the original calling number correctly.

The carrier is not accepting the call because of the Diversion header and
the agent gets a message from the carrier "call cannot be completed as
dialed".

I've tried sending the call through a translation pattern but that didn't
seem to strip out the redirecting number.

I'm curious if anyone has seen this with a callback script because I don't
remember a Diversion header being normal but maybe I've just always missed
it.

I can't turn off the Diversion header completely without breaking
call-forwarding.

Only thing I can think of would be a LUA script to strip the Diversion
header if the Calling Number is for an agent extension since those
shouldn't be ever forwarded anyways.

Anyone got any ideas on how to strip off this Diversion header just for
these callback calls?

Thanks,
Brian Meade