[cisco-voip] CUBE un-normalizing P-Asserted-Identity on 200 OK after REINVITE for hold

nateccie at gmail.com nateccie at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 19:29:53 EDT 2020

So from the PSTN side I get 10 digit caller id and called number, I
transform both calling and called with a voice translation profile.  Works
great, been doing it for years.

However I am working on this 3rd party IVR that does some call treatment
then does a hold with a REINVITE and then a REFER.  After the REINVITE
happens the CUBE responds with a 200 OK, but it changes the
P-Asserted-Identity from having the +15554441234 to just the 5554441234,
CUCM sees this and says oh I need to send an UPDATE out the other leg, but
the other leg is sending the REFER and doesn't process the UPDATE and so
CUCM won't process the REFER and the whole thing blows up.  If I require a
MTP on the incoming CUBE leg, it seems like that isolates the CUBE from the
HOLD reinvite and then it doesn't change the P-Asserted-Identity and the
flow works fine.

Why would CUBE decide to change the P-Asserted-Identity, and how do I make
it not?  I was thinking I could just do a SIP Profile to change the
P-Asserted-Identity back to the normalized form on the OK, but I don't want
to go there first.

Running 16.9.5 IOS, feels like a bug but not finding anything with my
googling.

Thanks,
-Nate