[cisco-voip] 8851 - power draw

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Thu Feb 6 19:40:23 EST 2020

Come to think of it... we’d need to know if your 8851s are the pre-v8 hardware or v8 or above.

V8 they went from class 3 to class 4.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 6, 2020, at 7:33 PM, Lelio Fulgenzi <lelio at uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio at uoguelph.ca>> wrote:

That would be great.

We’re concerned with out of the box 8851s. No side cars. Maybe add a few watts for USB powering of devices.

We understand that they may request 30w on power up, then revert down to ~15w. Which means phones may not all come up at once if our power supplies are not sufficient.

But as long as there’s sufficient normal operating power, we should be good.

Complicating factor is we have APs to contend with as well. They’re sucking power, too!

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone