[cisco-voip] 8851 - power draw

Charles Goldsmith w at woka.us
Fri Feb 7 08:45:55 EST 2020

I have a single 8845 here in my office, on a 2960 switch.  It was
manufactured 09/19 per the box.  My 2960 is reporting it as a class 2 and
it's drawing 7w with power/screen on.    Just to give you a bit more data.
I don't have an 8851 here.  My 8865 is on wifi and in the other office, but
if you want correlating data, I can go grab it.  The 8845 is on 12.7, the
8865 is currently connected to Webex, so whatever code they push, I'd have
to go look.

office-2960#sh power inline g1/0/8
Interface Admin  Oper (W)     Power   Device              Class Max
Gi1/0/8   auto   on         7.0     IP Phone 8845       2     30.0

Interface  AdminPowerMax   AdminConsumption
             (Watts)           (Watts)
Gi1/0/8               30.0                 15.4