[cisco-voip] 8800 w/ USB External Sound Card

Pawlowski, Adam ajp26 at buffalo.edu
Tue Feb 25 10:04:15 EST 2020

We've used things like this from dynametric in the past as well which work with just about any phone:

https://www.dynametric.com/TMP-636_webinar_recorder.aspx

$95 seems a bit much for what's probably a transformer in the box, but, similar things are available from sandman or elsewhere at a lesser price.

One interesting use of these is that the phone does a pretty good job generating an RTP audio stream that you can direct at another device unicast or a multicast address, and just use it as an encoder, to feed to other phones. I never had much luck with VLC doing this reliably, but plug a white noise source into the phone, and then allow your users to turn it on and off with a little XML app. Could be a killer app for those sweet open office floor plans.