[cisco-voip] setting primary phone for Jabber users without a physical phone - licensing

Pawlowski, Adam ajp26 at buffalo.edu
Wed Jan 15 15:33:06 EST 2020

The UI broke at some point and none of the proper localization fills in, so I guess get used to error.add .

It seems to use AXL or something similar in the background, and you can debug what the error is from the application log in RTMT, though half the time it’s a code and not useful.

Duplicate items will break it, as will things that are not valid for insert but are part of your universal templates, such as #DEPT# and someone has a department name with & in it.

As for the custom templates, they’re one of those once-a-year things I clean up with the database by assigning the phonetemplate record to the type, and then removing any of the phone templates that aren’t associated with anything.

I used to say they don’t hurt anything but if you invest in MigrationFX, it will leverage the phone button template as a selector to help you choose the correct migration. Unless you want it to clone SEPasdfghjkl-Invididual Template-8841-MFX all over, you’ll want these to be consistent.