[cisco-voip] Jabber and locked screens - it works! but should it?

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Thu Jan 23 09:39:44 EST 2020

OK. What do people think about Jabber working while a screen is locked? By this, I mean that if your headset has a "pickup" button, you can answer the call. Now, I know the first thing you will say is, "what's different from the phone being picked up", and really, there isn't, but there is. I think people will assume that if my computer is locked, it should not be allowed to work. OR at a minimum, allow it to be a configurable option.

Then there's the possibility of using a handset that is Jabber compatible which could be used to dial numbers while the computer is locked.

Thoughts?