[cisco-voip] Expressway Cluster failover for MRA...

Ryan Huff ryanhuff at outlook.com
Tue Jan 28 21:03:40 EST 2020

1.) It used to be in previous versions that all cluster nodes could technically be active at any time and SRV weights and priorities could influence the path selection but not guarantee it end-to-end when all cluster nodes are up and running.

I believe this behavior has changed/improved and I think you are supposed to be able to control that now with SRV weights and priorities, but I could be wrong. I haven’t played with Expressway clustering in a bit.

2.) As far as the Jabber registration goes; what I’ve done before in the edge is have the collab-edge SRV point to the edge cluster FQDN as the target. Then I create round robin A records for the cluster FQDN (one resolving your each edge server). The for the edge certs, just make sure the edge cluster fqdn is in the SAN.

This way if one of the edge server goes down, the Jabber client is ultimately still trying to resolve the same MRA FQDN via SRV lookup (this a key to Jabber client failover for MRA).

Thanks,

Ryan