[cisco-voip] Creating Jabber for non-existent phones

Pawlowski, Adam ajp26 at buffalo.edu
Thu Jul 2 11:23:33 EDT 2020

> However, getting that good data on a brownfield that's 10 years old with a lot garbage in it is painful to say the least.

This is what I’ve been doing for the last several years and I’m still not done.  It’s much better than it was, but there is still some “just get it out there” mentality. We know how easy it is to take things away or change them once they’re set. This is where tooling and proficiency really help, I’ve been able to use various data sources and APIs to clean things up, where I can now make presumptions for things, like changing button layouts or provisioning. The payoff was well worth the pain. If/when we end up shifting off of premise UCM to some other solution or vendor, not having the ducks in a row would be brutal.