[cisco-voip] Consolidating access to Cisco CUCM APIs via Service Mesh

Pete Brown jpb at chykn.com
Tue Jun 16 13:27:56 EDT 2020

TLDR – Developing a hybrid service/data mesh for interacting with infrastructure services.  Thinking about what a modern, consolidated API might look like for CUCM.

I was scheduled to give this talk at DevNet Create until everything was shut down…
https://github.com/adhdtech/DRP/blob/master/DevNet%20Create%202020%20-%20Making%20a%20Mesh%20of%20the%20Infrastructure.pdf

For the demo I had data from a few of the CUCM APIs being piped into a consolidated logical model.  Nothing too complex; just users, devices and associated JTAPI streams.  It got me to thinking, though.  If you could snap your fingers and have a modern, consolidated API for interacting with CUCM services, what would it look like?  Not just RPC operations, but pub/sub as well.

I’m considering creating a mesh service agent for CUCM.  Instead of leveraging the existing APIs, the goal would be to effectively replace them and inject their capabilities into the mesh.  Before I do, I’m trying to figure out what some of the “must have” features would be for a POC.

The project README needs some updating, but it does give a general idea of how everything works.  Recently added a command shell; need to get that documented.
https://github.com/adhdtech/DRP

-Pete