[cisco-voip] [EXTERNAL] Re: Cost-Effective Public Certificate Authority for CUCM certificates

Jonatan Quezada jonatan.quezada at chemeketa.edu
Mon Mar 30 16:06:53 EDT 2020

Brian, How challenging was it to do the jabber on all three domains?

Where do you need the multiDomain cert, on the VCS-edge connector right? Im
looking to see what it would take to get this going for our remote workers
even though it seems
like there are few things to make sure are in place first.

for so far its the :

certs for dual domain- how
provision jabber users

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 12:28 PM Brian Meade <bmeade90 at vt.edu> wrote:

> I was originally going to go with that wildcard option but this customer
> has 3 different presence domains to match their email domains which makes
> the CUP-XMPP cert more complicated.
>
> This is my personal email so no access to InCommon certificates
> unfortunately.
>
> On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 2:59 PM Matthew Ballard <mballard at otis.edu> wrote:
>
>> We used to use DigiCert Wildcard which offers that (where you can issue
>> multiple certificates with different private keys from the same wildcard
>> cert/purchase).
>>

>> We switched to using InCommon certificates, which it looks like your
>> University also subscribes to.  You should be able to get them internally
>> from whomever licensed that there, as it’s a flat fee service for unlimited
>> certificates.
>>

>> Matthew Ballard
>>
>> Director of Technology Infrastructure
>>
>> Information Systems
>>
>> Otis College of Art and Design
>>
>> mballard at otis.edu

During this time of remote work, There will be the need for connectivity to
other devices such as a cell phone. If you require assistance forwarding
your desk phone to a remote cell or message phone, please email with desk
number and where we are forwarding calls. I can do these remotely.

Johnny Q
Voice Technology Analyst II
Chemeketa Community College
Johnny.Q at chemeketa.edu