[cisco-voip] Field Notice: FN - 70555 - Legacy VoIP Mode and iOS 13 Apple Push Notification Service Changes That Affect Cisco Jabber, Cisco Webex Teams, Cisco Unified Communications Manager and IM & Presence Service, and Cisco Expressway - Software...

Pawlowski, Adam ajp26 at buffalo.edu
Fri May 15 11:27:13 EDT 2020

I always struggle with the competing schools of thought on keeping things up to date.

The network guys don’t want to update anything because of more bugs, but I still feel that’s old school where we weren’t talking about the same level of exposure and frequency of updates. I like to keep up to date because I don’t like digging a hole for myself on features, user doc, bug resolutions, compat, device packs etc. And the number of severe issues has rounded off, at least for UC where it seems the platforms are largely mature.

The 11.5 train has been great as far as not having too many issues, and having a good set of features and such backported into them from 12/12.5.

APNs are a usability thing with Jabber for sure, I don’t know how anyone lives with that app and not having that. It would be like going back in time when I had my StarTAC and had to look at the flashing LED to see if I’d wandered out of service or into an expensive “Roaming” area just to make sure I could receive a phone call. No thanks.

Looking forward to future support for push on Android too so we can catch those up.