[cisco-voip] [External] Jabber Users Prompted To Accept Webex Cert

Gary Parker G.J.Parker at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Nov 11 11:13:46 EST 2021

Thanks Tim, likewise: glad it’s not just us!

I’m loathe to advise users to accept a certificate that’s flagged as bad for some reason, as that’s just bad security practice.

As I mentioned earlier, I’ve added:

<ServiceDiscoveryExcludedServices>WEBEX</ServiceDiscoveryExcludedServices>

...to our jabber-config.xml, and we’re advising users to reset their Jabber client to apply it, but that’s bound to upset a few who’ll lose their chat history and contacts.

Gary