[cisco-voip] [External] Jabber Users Prompted To Accept Webex Cert

Gary Parker G.J.Parker at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Nov 30 04:15:17 EST 2021

> On 30 Nov 2021, at 00:08, Gary_Bates_Command_Solutions <gbates at commandsolutions.com.au> wrote:
>
> I was told by a Cisco rep its all to do with Cisco’s arrogant sales strategy, trying to get all on-prem users to switchover to either Hybrid Jabber / Hybrid Webex or full cloud connection with Webex.
>
> Unfortunately, it wasn’t communicated honestly and up front, my customer is very annoyed with Cisco and is slowly migrating towards MS Teams calling

For the benefit of anyone watching from Cisco: this is pretty much how our experience of this has played out. We were already considering a move to Teams and Direct Routing and this has simply accelerate that move. I’m about to start a proof of concept Direct Routing project and looking at the practicalities of a phased migration of users with help from our SIP TSP.

---
|     Unified Communications Service Manager      |
n      Loughborough University, IT Services       |
|        https://www.osx.ninja/pubkey.txt         |