[cisco-voip] Copper plant

Brian Meade bmeade90 at vt.edu
Fri Feb 4 15:54:32 EST 2022

I'm seeing a lot of providers trying to remove true analog copper and put
their customers on SIP services with devices on-site to convert back to
copper.  Probably worth just putting in some VG450's at that point and they
can run off 48V DC as well.

I know Phybridge also has some devices for doing PoE/Voice over a single
pair of CAT3 that I've used for campuses before if you want to go VoIP to
some of the call box devices.