[cisco-voip] [EXTERNAL] Re: Cost-Effective Public Certificate Authority for CUCM certificates

James Andrewartha jandrewartha at ccgs.wa.edu.au
Fri Feb 18 04:27:45 EST 2022

Digicert have killed the fact you could issue a cert for
host.sub.example.com on your *.example.com wildcard, instead they want
to charge you extra for those hosts so now I'm shopping around. The good
news is there's now other places that will do wildcards with unlimited
reissues (which most call "unlimited server licenses").

I tried Comodo/Sectigo Positive Multi Domain Wildcard SSL which can even
have multiple wildcards on the one certificate, but it only accepts CSRs
for *.example.com, which UCM/UC/IM&P won't generate. But perhaps that's
a limitation of the reseller I used. They also have the Comodo/Sectigo
Multi Domain SSL Certificate (FLEX) which lets you have host SANs, but
will charge you for each one.

Anyone had success with any other CAs recently?

--
James Andrewartha
Network & Projects Engineer