[cisco-voip] VMware ESXi v7.0u3

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Fri Mar 25 14:43:56 EDT 2022

I’m going through a similar process, albeit lower target ESXi version.

In researching compatibility, and opening several cases, the just of it is:

- product specific documentation (installation, requirements) takes precedence
- Cisco Collaboration Infrastructure requirements is next

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/virtualization/cisco-collaboration-infrastructure.html

What you’ll find is:

- don’t stray from major/minor version
- you can apply updates U1,U2 as long as they are above any minimum version listed
- you can apply maintenance patches

In my last round of research, the only Collab app I found that was more restrictive was Expressway.

So I was not able to upgrade to ESXi 6.5 U3, but had to stick with the latest maintenance patch just before U3.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone