[dc-ops] proximity/HID card system recommendations?

randal k rkohutek+dc at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 18:46:54 EST 2011

Datacenter Ops!

We're looking at integrating our multiple datacenters' door lock / badging
systems into a single system. We use HID proximity cards everywhere, so it
needs to work with those (and hopefully some generic readers?). We're after
something that is hierarchical, that has a centralized control point, that
then pushes configs to the controllers that manage each facility. Of course
it all needs to be IP enabled. We are very much interested in
do-it-yourself, as the "integration and installation" quotes from the
vendors we've seen tend to be astronomical.

Anybody have any experience on this that they'd like to share?

Thanks!
Randal