[dc-ops] Cacti / APC PDUs and Fibrechannel

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Nov 7 09:38:02 EST 2011

I've set up Cacti for my new colo install, and mostly, it seems to be working
out pretty well for me.  I've got a couple of ACP 7841 PDUs though, that I'd
like to monitor the current draw through, and I can't seem to come up with
a working template.  Anybody got one?

In a related story, has anyone got any good pointers to HOWTOs on setting up
FC-AL loops?  I've got adapters in all my machines, and I'd like to move my
Openfiler traffic from my 2960s over to that loop (I had an EMC24 switch I
bought surplus, but it appears to be zorched).

And if I *do* move that traffic there, how would I measure it?

(Well, it's Datacenter 101 for *me*... :-)

Cheers,
-- jra