[dc-ops] BMS I/O modules - IPv6 support

Simon Lockhart simon at slimey.org
Tue Aug 11 14:27:30 EDT 2015

All,

Given this list got a mention on NANOG, I thought I may as well create some traffic...

We're in the process of converting an ex military bunker into datacentre space. As it'll be largely lights out, we're converting a lot of the plant control to be remotely manageable. We've trialled some modules from ICP-DAS (PeT-7000 range) which are nice to use, have PoE power, but are IPv4 only. We've asked them about v6 support, but they say they have no plans to support it.

We need various I/O options - digital in (wet or dry contact), digital out (relay closure or 24V), and analogue in (V or mA). Ideally PoE powered, and SNMP or Modbus/TCP control. DIN rail and/or wall mount.

Has anyone come across anything that meets those requirements, and has IPv6 support?

Thanks in advance,

Simon