[dev-disc] BOF in Minneapolis??

Romascanu, Dan (Dan) dromasca at avaya.com
Thu Oct 2 07:20:50 EDT 2003

> > 5) Are there any collaboration efforts needed wrt ptopomib rfc2992
> >    and the 802.1ab work?
> >

> Comments welcome.  I will forward our next ballot information to the
> dev-disc mailing list.

One comment wrt. the ptopo mib (RFC 2992). Although at the beginning of the 802.1ab work, it looked like the IEEE would rather extend this MIB, now it looks like the direction is that the LLDP MIB defined as part of 802.1ab will be a functional superset, and replace it. (Paul, keep me honest if I mis-understood). RFC 2922 would not need be updated, unless we want to add some information about how LLDP fills in the ptopo mib objects.

Regards,

Dan