[e-nsp] dying ports on a Summit 48?

Eric L. Howard elh at outreachnetworks.com
Tue Aug 26 00:28:00 EDT 2003

I'm getting the following errors on a Summit 48 that was picked up used by a
client.  First time using Extreme Networks hardware and am a bit
disappointed by the support/tech offerings of their website [w/o a login
that is...]

Summit48:5 # enable port all
Warning: Port 1 failed diagnostics and may not process the packets correctly!
Warning: Port 2 failed diagnostics and may not process the packets correctly!
Warning: Port 5 failed diagnostics and may not process the packets correctly!
Warning: Port 6 failed diagnostics and may not process the packets correctly!
Warning: Port 13 failed diagnostics and may not process the packets correctly!
Warning: Port 14 failed diagnostics and may not process the packets correctly!
Warning: Port 17 failed diagnostics and may not process the packets correctly!
Warning: Port 18 failed diagnostics and may not process the packets correctly!

It looks like I should just consider these ports dead and move on...am I
correct?

       ~elh

--
Eric L. Howard           e l h @ o u t r e a c h n e t w o r k s . c o m