[e-nsp] Dead MSM in a Black Diamond

Fernando Krahe fernando at tche.br
Tue Oct 28 09:40:18 EST 2003

Gents,

I have a black diamond running 6.2.2 (build 18) and running layer 2 only
with a single MSM module. This module sudenly stopped to answer, although
the switch is still forwarding 160Mpbs of frames correctly and none of the
ports are in the vlan Default. Both lan and console interfaces of that
module produce no response at all and the master LED became off (system LED
is a blinking green, error = amber and environment = green).
The moment we connected the console, we received a message about an Address
load Exception and some more register information. After those messages
there are no more outputs from the console.
Have any of you seen this?

Thanks,
Fernando