[e-nsp] Fault on BD6808 48t blade

Mike Hughes mike at linx.net
Mon Apr 10 03:15:21 EDT 2006

--On 10 April 2006 10:15 +1200 Term <term at northnet.net.nz> wrote:

> Over the weekend i noticed a hardware fault in the logs from a 48t
> card in one of our LAN BlackDiamonds.
> IP traffic was passing with out a problem but IPX seems to have
> dropped off  the card that reported a fault
> after re seating the card all ipx was back up and working.
>
> anyone here know what these errors are about, I've looked in the
> extreme error PDF handbook but nothing listed

Reseating the card may have done the trick, as the BD can do very strange
things because of seating problems, or the card could be on it's way out.

Run the following commands against the card next time you can schedule
downtime for it:

run diagnostics extended slot <foo>
run diagnostics packet-memory slot <foo>

This should tell you what state the card itself is in. The second one
particularly will map out any "bad" areas of packet memory, so they won't
be used again. A certain amount of bad packet memory can be worked around
this way - any more and the card would need RMA-ing.

Both commands above will take the card offline.

Cheers,
Mike
--
Mike Hughes     Chief Technical Officer  London Internet Exchange
mike at linx.net   http://www.linx.net/