[e-nsp] cisco / juniper / etc "description" equivalent for Extreme

James Jun james at towardex.com
Wed Jun 7 15:31:48 EDT 2006

Try doing:

'configure port %% display-string STRING'

Where %% is the port number, STRING is what you want for description.

Trivia:  You can't put spaces or funky stuff on the STRING unfortunately,
and you are limited to 32 chars.  This is really annoying IMHO, and one of
things that Extreme should fix.  Because of this limitation, we have to end
up putting just circuit ID's on the description for port instead of also
including customer name like we can on Cisco.

i.e. example:

configure port 16 display-string "95HCGS172102MA1"
configure port 17 display-string "95HCGS172103MA1"
configure port 18 display-string "COLO_18"
configure port 19 display-string "95HCGS172100MA1"

--
Regards,

James Jun
Managing Director