[e-nsp] Extreme Switch CPU utilization on port-mirroring ?

Stéphane Grosjean Stephane.Grosjean at telindus.fr
Wed Aug 22 12:08:44 EDT 2007

>That's the theory, not the practice.  In practice all sorts of things
>bring your CPU up to 100%.  I have a dozen different bugs about this
>open with Extreme, even against direct claims made in their product
>documentation, and they have demonstrated no desire to fix them.

Hi Jo,

Well, it seems Extreme is not really very active with EOS anymore, this is the slow path for this code nowadays. Their attention seems more about XOS which is more promising.

To my experience, I "only" had to deplore some series of BD6800 chassis which seems to refuse to work properly... a bad serie I guess, but I know some customers having them. I'm running some Extreme boxes in various customers network (ISP or not) without more problem than other brands.

Regards,

Stephane.