[e-nsp] building an EAPS ring on both Extremeware and XOS

Teun Vink teun at moonblade.net
Mon Jul 9 06:21:13 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm currently running several EAPS rings on 5 Alpine 3804's running
Extremeware 7.3.2.3. We're going to replace these 3804's with new Summit
x450's running XOS 12.x and I'm looking for a way to do this migration
smoothly.

Since we can't do a big bang scenario in which we replace all Alpines
with Summits, I'm looking at a way to add the Summits to current
topology so I can replace the old switches one by one.

What I'm especially interested in is if anyone here has any experiences
in running EAPS on a mix of Extremeware and XOS.

Regards,

Teun