[e-nsp] ExtremeWare and cisco-trunk-like port status

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Wed Mar 19 15:17:15 EDT 2008

> Nope, sorry
>
> In EW when you add VLANs to a port you do so by name, not by VLAN tag
> number. So therefore you cannot have Cisco-style "switchport trunk allowed
> vlan 1-10" and then just create VLAN as you go.
>
> I agree it would be handy though

hmm, adding vlan to a port by name is not limitation here.

Imagine this set of commands:
configure port 1:1 trunk
configure port 1:2 trunk
configure port 2:3 trunk
configure vlan test add ports trunk

so, instead of "all" in last line, there could be a "trunk"
this "trunk" would be a macro to 1:1, 1:2, 2:3

this is not a full - cisco like method, but still helpfull

is there anyone that could request such feature ?

Marcin