[e-nsp] summit x650

Peer Kohlstetter kohlstetter at blue-networks.de
Mon Nov 23 16:59:54 EST 2009

Hi Marcin,

we are a Extreme Partner in Germany and we have some customers asking for the x650.

I like the product, because it's a very good 10GE Switch with a lot of features for a good price.

http://www.extremenetworks.com/libraries/products/DSSumX650_1442.pdf

In the datasheet you find more information about. I think you know this already. Maybe that helps. There you find a list of SFPs.

It is possible to start with 1 GE and change later to 10 GE SFPs.

If you talk about Staking. What do you mean? Do you mean the Stacking feature with a special Stack cable?

If you habe more switches and you need redundancy ways EAPS is very interesting.

A other very nice feature new is clearflow. You can configure a rule and create some actions if that rule is fulfilled. (for example: You can check the bandwidth on a port and send a SNMP trap is a special level is reached, or you can shutdown the port or you can do something else ... :-) This is very useful for troubleshooting, monitoring and analyzing the network.

If you need more information, send me a mail. I hope that helps a little.

Best regards,

Peer

blue-networks GmbH & Co KG
Peer Kohlstetter