[e-nsp] MPLS on extreme carrier Ethernet switches

Samit janasamit at wlink.com.np
Thu Apr 29 01:27:24 EDT 2010

Well I was told by Extreme that some operators at Mexico and  North
America has a big Mpls deployment with BD 20K. Lots of googling has also
not provided any information on any deployments by carriers and service
providers.

However in terms of price and specs and features the 20k and the new
x480 looks impressive and L3 mpls vpn support is also in the roadmap.

Buying a equipment and doing a Lab would be tough for us for a small
scale deployment.