[e-nsp] Strange Summit400-48t issue

Sat Jul 10 00:58:59 EDT 2010

I have several Summit400-48t running in our environment and in the last
two weeks I have had two that seem to temporarily stop learning
mac-address and become very slugish (ping response times from local lan
range from 50ms to 700ms) until they are rebooted. Both of the switches
that experienced this issue were running 7.5e.2.6 [ssh] and had an
uptime of 7+ months before they experienced this issue.  On this last
switch I was able to do a show tech-support all before I had to reboot
the device. The only thing that jumped out at me was the show memory
output showed the free blocks (not sure if I'm reading the output right)
were over 40,000 while all our other switches show that value  around
50. I haven't been able to find out exactly what that means, does anyone
have any idea?

Switch internal memory detail:

System Memory Information
-----------------------
Total DRAM Size: 268435456 (256MB)

 status   bytes    blocks   avg block  max block
 ------ --------- -------- ---------- ----------
current
   free  130041176    40976       3173 124600472
  alloc  93466568   395231        236        -
cumulative
  alloc  -187408080  -928176109          1        -

Software Packet Memory Statistics
                Type:    Short    Long    Jumbo
         Total Alloc:     512     512      64
          Total Free:     483     309      64
             Failure:       0
         Data Blocks:      17
        Other Blocks:      12

If there is any other output from the show tech that would be helpful in
figuring this issue out let me know and I will provide it.