[e-nsp] ExtremeXOS 12.x mac authentification vs 802.1x

Youssef Ghorbal youssef.ghorbal at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 17:22:44 EDT 2010

Hello,

 I want to deploy 802.1x authentication for network hosts that support
it. I managed to make 802.1x to work on the switch.
 # enable netlogin port x dot1x

 For hosts that does not support 802.1x authentification (printers)
mac authentification will be used. I managed to make the mac
authentification to work on the switch too.
 # enable netlogin port y mac

 The problem is that I don't know on which port their will be printers
and on which ones their will be hosts. It seems that the port can be
put on a dual mode :
 # enable netlogin port z dot1x mac

 I can't find how this dual mode is supposed to work. It will do both
authentifications and "OR" the result ?
 How can I do to make it work that way ? In that way I can only add
printers "mac" accounts on my Radius and I'm sure that only printers
get authenticated using the "mac" facility.

Thank you for your help.

Youssef Ghorbal