[e-nsp] IPTV / IGMP issues

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Thu Apr 14 18:19:04 EDT 2011

hello,

we are having some strange issues with our IPTV service.

Service provider is external, connected in this way:

ProvidersPIM(cisco)---SummitX650---OurPIM(redback)---SummitX650---otherL2devices..

So, now we have some STB (zyxel) that have problems joining some
multicast groups when config is like that:

OurPIM-X650-X450-STB
OurPIM-X650-X450-EPON-STB (epon from corecess)
OurPIM-X650-X450-whatever-DES3526 from dlink (whatever is DGS3100-TG or
X450, both results the same)

We are having NO problems when config is like that:

OurPIM-X650-X450-DES3526-STB
OurPIM-X650-Summit400-STB
OurPIM-X650-Summit400-EPON-STB
OurPIM-X650-X450-whatever-DES3028-STB

IGMP settings on all switches are the same:
     IGMP:
         Query Interval: 125 sec
         Max Response Time: 10 sec
         Last Member Query: 1 sec
         Robustness: 2

     IGMP Snooping:
         Router Timeout: 260 sec
         Host Timeout: 260 sec
         Igmp Snooping Fast Leave Time: 2000 ms
         Igmp Snooping Flag: forward-all-router
         Igmp Snooping Flood-list: none
         Igmp Snooping Proxy: Enable
         Igmp Snooping Forwarding-mode: (SourceIP, GroupIP, VlanId)

         Igmp Snooping Filters: per-port

the only difference from default is LeaveTime - 2000ms - same as on
DLINK by default. Without that we were having regular out-of-order events.

On what parameters should we pay attention on ???
What could go wrong ?

Regards,
Marcin