[e-nsp] storm control ?

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Thu Jun 9 18:23:20 EDT 2011

hello,

I have seen in Cisco switches such an option like Broadcast storm control.
It was possible to set up a limit of broadcasts (not sure if per port or
per vlan) and if this trashold had been reached, port goes to disabled
mode for configured period of time.

I suppose that broadcasts per second are counted on port (not on every
vlan).

Is there anything similar to this in EXOS ?

What I need is that I have a customer on a port with i.e. 5 vlans
providing different services to the customer.
If customer generates a loop, the port should go down.

I know about ELRP, but it is not what I need. I just don't want to care
about each and every vlan - just about port.

Maybe just edge bpdu-restrict mode ? But is it working with ports with
more vlans ? How about if customer sends me BPDUs that I want to ignore ?

So, if you have any idea for broadcast storm control per port - I'll
appreciate.

Regards,
Marcin