[e-nsp] mark ingress traffic to dscp value

Volodymyr Litovka doka at lucky.net
Thu Jun 30 17:49:12 EDT 2011

On 6/30/2011 11:21 PM, Volodymyr Litovka wrote:
> Colleagues, hi
>
> I'm completely new to Extreme hardware/software and need your help to
> quickly resolve one issue, which is important to be implemented fast
> and a bit unclear for me.
>
> I need to map all ingress traffic on particular VLAN to specific DSCP
> (cs4).
>
> Platform is Summit x480.
>
> I'm doing the following:
>
> disable dot1p examination ports all
> disable diffserv examination ports all
> create qosprofile qp4
> configure diffserv replacement qp4 code-point 32
> configure vlan "v379" qp4
> configure vlan "v378" qp4
>
> the 'show configuration' shows me the following:
>
> disable dot1p examination port 1 ... 48
> configure qosprofile QP4 maxbuffer 100 weight 1
> configure qosprofile QP4 minbw 0 maxbw 100 ports 1 ... 48
> configure diffserv replacement priority 3 code-point 32
>
> Questions are:
>
> 1) whether configuration part is right for my requirements?

It's working - after I've added:

enable diffserv replacement port 7
disable dot1p examination port 7

port 7 is the port, where both vlans are configured

> 2) what does it mean "replacement priority 3" in 'show config' above?
> It's unclear for me, since I've configured "replacement qp4" instead.

This is still the question. My assumption is that 'priority 3' is just
mapping to egress queue, which conforms to the following rule:

pri 0 -> qp1
pri 1 -> qp2
pri 2 -> qp3
pri 3 -> qp4