[e-nsp] Packet loss/drop investigation

Youssef Ghorbal youssef.ghorbal at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 14:08:59 EDT 2012

Hello,

 I'm currently investigating random audio loss on some Avaya phones
attached to x460 stacks.
 The phone reports packet loss when the audio is gone (which seems legit)
 The audio loss always happens in one way (from "outside the building"
to he IP phone) and lasts 10s

 I need to know what kind of switch statistics/counters can be
relevant to confirm or deny packet loss on the switch side.

 show ports rxerros / txerros / congestion / anomaly are all null
 => does this mean that there is no packet loss on the stack ? and
thus the packet loss is happening somewhere upstream ?

 Any advice would be really appreciated

Youssef Ghorbal