[e-nsp] STP counters

Marcel Lemmen MLemmen at extremenetworks.com
Thu Aug 9 07:09:28 EDT 2012

You can use the following commands:

show log counters STP.OutBPDU occurred

show log counters STP.InBPDU occurred

"clear counter" will reset these values as well.

X480-24x.38 # show log counters STP.OutBPDU occurred
Component   SubComponent Condition               Severity      Occurred I
Ntfd
----
STP         OutBPDU      Dump                    Debug-Data           1 N
  0
STP         OutBPDU      Trace                   Debug-Verbose        2 N
  0

This will give you a hint if the STP BPDU's are sent/received.
If you want you can then decide to add these to your log filter to display
these packets/events in greater detail to your log/syslog.

Marcel