[e-nsp] auto-negotiation and ELSM - not working on particular port
marcin at leon.pl
Wed Jan 25 17:16:02 EST 2012
Recently I have a strange issue.
There are 2 x450-24x switches connected with 2x1G over DWDM (passing
through link states).
Now, both links are in sharing mode to get 2G.
switch number 1:
upgraded from summitX-188.8.131.52-patch1-7 to summitX-184.108.40.206-patch1-9
when putting XGM-2xn inside.
switch number 2:
running summitX-220.127.116.11 v1243b5-patch1-5
now, after reboot (power down/up) of switch 1, one of the 2x1G links
didn't come up.
I went to switch 1, removed SFP, put it again - link is up.
But, after EAPS reconfigurations when I needed to disable 2x1G between
switches, this link didn't come up any more...
Today - some research:
- DWDM is ok ;)
- switch 1 is ok, first link moved to second port - works fine
- switch 2 - autonegotiation is not working on one particular port
- when configured switch 2, auto-off on "faulty" port - port comes up
(with a loop via DWDM).
- when switch 1 and switch 2 are configured on this "faulty" link as
auto-off, link is UP and working properly !
- so, I have configured both links to auto-off (required by sharing to
be same), trafic flow properly.
- ok, last step - ELSM... on link #1 - ok, on link #2 - shuts down ports
on both sides... (half mode).
It looks, that NONE of signalling works on switch #2, neither
auto-negotiations nor ELSM.
The question is - what should I restart (which process) to repair it ?
I don't want to restart whole switch at the moment, but also there is no
way to restart elsm by command (only show) not mentioning about
auto-negotiation process that is "who knowns"..
Anyone facing similar issues ?
More information about the extreme-nsp