[e-nsp] EAPS shared link - more compliacated

Ilya blackprowler at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 11:58:50 EDT 2012

On 14 March 2012 11:53, Marcin Kuczera <marcin at leon.pl> wrote:

> Ilya wrote:
>
>> Hello, Marcin.
>>

>> On 13 March 2012 21:30, Marcin Kuczera <marcin at leon.pl <mailto:
>> marcin at leon.pl>> wrote:
>>
>>    How do you think - is it possible to do it with EAPS ?
>>

>> Yes, it is possible.
>> There is one "but" - switch, which belongs to both shared-ports (RGB +
>> RB) can be a Master only for Green EAPS. This is because "A shared port
>> cannot be configured on an EAPS master’s secondary port."
>>

> ok, so as I'am not planning any master on shared link, there is no problem
> in my case.
>
> How would then Partner/Controller config look like ? Controller in the
> middle ?

Since:
1. The shared port mode configured on each side of a common link must be
different from the other;
one must be a controller and one must be a partner.
2. There cannot be more than one controller on a switch.
Valid combinations on any one switch are:
- 1 partner;
- 1 controller and 1 partner;
- 1 controller;
- 2 partners.

so you can't have two controllers in the middle.

--
Ilya Lavrovsky
e-mail: blackprowler at gmail.com
RIPE: IL764-RIPE