[e-nsp] Support for Multiple VLAN Registration Protocol (MVRP) or GARP VLAN Registration Protocol (GVRP) in Extreme Switches?‏

F J ripprapp at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 30 09:43:29 EDT 2012

Hi,
I wonder if Extreme support Multiple VLAN Registration Protocol (MVRP)?

In older documentation I found support for GARP VLAN Registration Protocol (GVRP) but is it still there? I can't find any commands for it.

I was thinking of using it to distribute my VLANs from our Core network to the Edge switches.
This to avoid mismatches when typing VLAN names and VLAN tags.

In Juniper EX switches it looks like this:
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos11.3/topics/concept/bridging-mvrp-ex-series.html

Here is the Wikipedia page about MVRP:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_Registration_Protocol

BR