[e-nsp] EAPS + xSTP + Private VLAN

Eduardo Schoedler listas at esds.com.br
Mon Apr 1 18:27:19 EDT 2013

Hello everyone,

First of all, sorry my bad english :).

I have an metroethernet network runing in extreme networks x350 switches.
It's a ring network, working with EAPS.
But in some times, my field crew loops the ring in some port.

So I noticed that EAPS don't cover this, only ring failure.
That's why I think to run a xSTP instance, to block the port with in loop.

That will work?
How to prevent to the xSTP don't block forwarding the ring ports?
Someone can help me with this configuration?

In time, how I can configure Private VLAN in ports of some vlans in this
setup?
My idea is to provide layer2 isolation between customers.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

--
Eduardo Schoedler