[e-nsp] x650 - hardware FDB table empty

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Tue Apr 16 08:29:22 EDT 2013

On 2013-04-16 11:27, Erik Bais wrote:

> Hi Marcin,
>
> If the hardware FDB is empty, you either do something specific which
> results in software switching only …
>
> Which isn’t very likely …
>
> You should see at least some entries in the HW FDB … if the switches
> are linked together, and you have something like LLDP or EDP running,
> you should at least see the other switch their FDB entries.
>
> What are you trying to do with the devices and what is the config ?
>
> And are you doing something specific in regards that you have disabled
> MAC learning for instance ? or enabled port security (1 mac per port
> limitation security feature) ?

Ok, I got it. Hopefully I have additional x650 to make a test...

so - on one of the vlans I had:
disable learning vlan "monitoring-sask-in"

This is enough to turn off hardware based learning...
enabling learing on that vlan solved the issue.

Now I'll see if level of unknown-unicasts will go down...

Regards,
Marcin