[e-nsp] QinQ/802.1ad into VPLS/VPWS on Extreme switches

Simon Lockhart simon at slimey.org
Mon Mar 10 17:57:11 EDT 2014

All,

I'm using a bunch of Extreme X460's and X670V's to extend ethernet access
circuits over VPLS/VPWS into our core. This is working (reasonably) well
when the last-mile circuit provider hands off untagged, or 802.1q tagged.

We're working with one circuit provider who are asking to hand off as QinQ
or 802.1ad, and I'm wondering how well the Extremes will cope with this.

I've read through the VLAN, VMAN and MPLS sections of the EXOS Concepts Guide,
but can't find particular reference as to whether this would work or not.

Anyone done this before? Is it possible in EXOS?

Many thanks in advance,

Simon