[F10-nsp] Re: force10-nsp Digest, Vol 6, Issue 4

Andy Myers acm at dullroar.org
Fri Feb 10 15:09:20 EST 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 13:26 -0500, Keith ONeill wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> I have a couple of S50s on the way in to start messing with them. What
> are your plans for them? Do you need to use 10gb links?

We're planning to use 10 Gb because we're constrained to a single fiber
between two locations.  1 Gbps wouldn't have been nearly enough, and
CWDM doesn't appear to be cheaper than just going to 10 Gbps.

> I wasnt planning on using the 10gb links, I was going to create 4 gig-e
> lags instead and have them connect to our E300s.
>
> Anyone have anythoughts on this?

We're also looking at that approach in other locations.  I'd be very
interested in hearing what you find out...

Thanks,
Andy