[F10-nsp] LACP drops simultaneously across multiple switches/products/versions

Doug Warner doug at warner.fm
Thu Mar 1 09:34:28 EST 2012

We're having a strange issue where LACP will bounce on multiple switches
simultaneously, typically several times in a row.

We previously would see this on our S50n stack when it was our core switch,
but it hadn't happened in over a year.  Now that we have a C300 in addition to
the S50n stack we've seen it 5 times in 4 days.

What we've seen so far is two LACP groups from the C300 to our only two S55s
will bounce, then all the LACP groups on the C300 will bounce as well as all
the LACP groups on the S50n stack.

We don't get any CPU watchdog notices, and traces don't show that the LACP
process has restarted.

Has anyone experienced these types of problems?  I have an open TAC case
currently but want to get others experiences here.

-Doug