[f-nsp] serveriron & http 1.1 name-based web hosting

burnside at kattare.com burnside at kattare.com
Thu Dec 5 05:36:21 EST 2002

Greetings,

    I have a serverironXL with SW version 07.0.06T12.

    I'm trying to do http/1.1 name-based web hosting.  My connectivity
provider of course frowns on the wasted IP's ip-based hosting entails.

    When I try to add a SLB virtual server with the same IP as an
existing SLB virtual server, it fails complaining that the IP address is
already taken.

    Is there any way to use the serveriron XL to do name-based vhosting?
 Or do I have to somehow get a huge chunk of IP space?

Cheers,

~Ethan B.

Ethan Burnside - Founder
Kattare Internet Services