[f-nsp] serveriron http on ports other than 80

Will Lowe harpo at thebackrow.net
Thu Dec 5 10:23:05 EST 2002

>     I've tried configuring TCP health checks on the high ports (10000,
> 10010, etc.) via the TCP/UDP port config and it seems to fail the health
> checks  on the real server every time.  (and thus serves nothing.)  If I
> connect directly to the servers on the high ports I get the pages I expect.

You need something like:

server port 10000
	tcp keepalive protocol http

to force it to do http health-checks on a non-port-80 service.
Foundry's docs are kinda confusing, but the relevant part of the
manual is at

http://www.foundrynet.com/services/documentation/siug/ServerIron_health_checks.html#41255