[BULK] - RE: [f-nsp] Problems getting OSPF running

Scott Weeks sweeks at sandiego.edu
Tue Apr 13 11:08:28 EDT 2004

Good Morning Everyone!

:  I made only one change: I moved the connection to the network from
:  interface 4/1 to interface 3/1.

Well, the obvious difference is there is no route-only statement on e4/1.
On a brief look into foundrynet webpages, I can only find that this
disables layer 2 switching on the interface and to contact the SE.

     Disables Layer 2 switching on an interface.
     NOTE: Make sure you really want to disable all Layer 2 switching
     operations on the interface before you use this option. Consult your
     reseller or Foundry Networks for information.

Anyone got the full data set on what this exactly does WRT routing
protocols such as OSPF?  Not so easy to find on foundrynet.com...

The other differences of "gig-default neg-off" and "ip ospf cost 1" should
make no difference as the "ip ospf cost 1" is the default for 100M and 1G
ports and the auto negotiation off only requires that you manually
configure both sides for gig and that seemed to be done as you saw packets
transferred back and forth.

Have you tried to put these statements on e3/1 one at a time?

scott